2018 Prison City Film Festival (PCFF) Badge & Wristband Terms & Conditions
The following Registration and Credentials Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) apply to you and any party you are registering for participation in any PCFF activities (“Participant”), and such Participant’s registration, attendance, participation, enrollment, and/or application for involvement in the Event, including but not limited to your purchase and/or possession of any PCFF Event entry credentials, such as wristbands, badges tickets, passes, and giveaways (collectively, “Credential(s)”). By clicking “accept” below, and/or by obtaining your Credentials you agree to these Terms.
1. PCFF and its agents and representatives are the sole creators, sellers and distributors of PCFF Credentials. Any Credential not created by and legally acquired from PCFF or its authorized agents or representatives will be considered fraudulent and invalid, and subject to revocation. PCFF reserves the right to pursue any and all legal action available against any person involved in the creation, dissemination or use of an unauthorized Credential.
2. Refund & Revocation Policy. All Credentials are the sole property of PCFF. PCFF may, in its sole discretion and at any time determined by PCFF, cancel, revoke, or refuse from any individual or company the following: Credentials, purchases, and/or hotel reservations made through PCFF. PCFF will not be responsible for any penalty, fee, loss, or expense that might result from such action.
a. PCFF does not issue refunds under any circumstances. Any and all payments made to PCFF are not refundable for any reason, including, but not limited to, failure to use PCFF Credentials due to illness, acts of God, travel-related problems, acts of terrorism, loss of employment and/or duplicate purchases. PCFF will not issue refunds for Credentials that have been revoked.
b. Unused Credentials have no monetary value and cannot be credited to future years or events. PCFF will not issue refunds or credits due to failure to redeem a discount coupon during the registration process. Discounted prices are based on the date payment is received in the PCFF office.
c. Lost or stolen Credentials will not be replaced. In the event Credentials are lost or stolen, new Credentials will need to be purchased at full price for a Participant’s continued access to the Events, including showcases, parties and conference content.
d. Use of a Credential by anyone other than the authorized individual will result in revocation of the Credential without any refund.
3. Before February 10, 2018, PCFF will change the name on PCFF Credentials for a processing fee of $25 per Credential. On or after February 10, 2018, the processing fee will be $40 per Credential. Wristbands are non-transferable. Name changes will not be made after a Credential has been issued.
4. PCFF Credentials are issued to, can be picked up by, and used by only the Participant named in the registration. PCFF Credentials are non-transferable after they have been picked up. For security reasons, and to allow entry into an applicable PCFF Event, each Participant must wear their Credential as follows: badges must be on the PCFF-issued lanyard around Participant’s neck while participating in Events, and Wristbands must be securely affixed to the Participant’s wrist and remain on the Participant’s wrist throughout the PCFF Event. No other laminates may be worn on the PCFF lanyard for the badge to be valid. If a Credential is not worn correctly by Participant, PCFF reserves the right to deny that Participant’s entry into PCFF Events.
5. PCFF Credentials allow the Participant entry to specific defined events, but cannot guarantee admission to every PCFF event. Event admission is subject to venue capacity and age restrictions in compliance with state and local laws. Age restrictions and capacity are specific to each venue. Please be aware the venues may each have their own restrictions limiting entry with certain food, beverages, or other items such as chairs. Wristbands are valid credentials for specific Events applicable to the Wristband type, but will not afford the Participant access to: the PCFF Trade Show, conference and keynote sessions, or other PCFF conference activities, unless PCFF specifies otherwise.
6. PCFF Credentials may not be used as a prize or incentive in any form of promotion, contest, game, or sweepstakes without written pre-approval from PCFF.
7. Tampering with any Credentials, or Wristbands (e.g., stretching, tearing, cutting, tapping, etc.) is not permitted. If tampering is evident, the applicable Credential or Wristband will be invalidated and confiscated and Participant will not be allowed entry to any/all PCFF venues and Events where the Credential or Wristband is required.
8. Lost and Found will be located at Registration during the Events. Participants can drop off found items at the Registration Help Desks during the Events. Participants can also email a description of an item and the location it was lost/found to email@example.com. PCFF is not responsible for damaged or lost items dropped off at the Registration Help Desks during the Events. After ninety (90) days following the event, unclaimed lost and found items may be disposed of at PCFF’s discretion.
9. Photographs and/or audio/video recordings taken at the Events by PCFF, or others on behalf of PCFF, may include a Participant’s image, name, voice and/or likeness. By attending and/or participating in the Events, each Participant hereby grants PCFF permission to use, and to sublicense to third-parties, the Participant’s photograph, image, likeness, voice and statements for any purpose, including but not limited to commercial purposes, without compensation or credit to the Participant, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised.
10. Event Participants agree to the PCFF Code of Conduct. PCFF reserves the right, without refund, to revoke the Credentials of Participants whose conduct violates the Code of Conduct.
11. Each Participant understands that participating in the Events is voluntary and may involve certain risks of physical injury, damage to property, and other damages or losses that may be sustained by a Participant. Each Participant assumes all risk of damages, property loss, and personal injury which may occur by participating in the Events.
12. IN NO EVENT SHALL PCFF BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTICIPANT, OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY OR DAMAGES TO PROPERTY, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS OR OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF ANY PARTICIPANT’S USE OF THE REGISTRATION, CREDENTIALS AND/OR PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENTS, EVEN IF PCFF HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
13. EXCEPT AS MAY BE EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS, PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENTS, AND ALL SERVICES AND PRODUCTS PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE EVENTS, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND NO OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR OTHERWISE, ARE MADE WITH RESPECT TO THE SAME, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR SAFETY, OR ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM COURSE OF DEALING. PCFF EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES NOT EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN.
14. Each Participant (each an “Indemnifying Party”) agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold PCFF and its officers, employees, volunteers, contractors, suppliers, and representatives harmless from and against any and all claims, demands and all other liabilities, including, but not limited to, costs and attorneys’ fees, made by any third party arising out of or in connection with the Indemnifying Party’s use of the registration(s) or Credentials, or any violation of the Terms by the Indemnifying Party.
15. The Terms will be governed by the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to its principles of conflicts of laws. Each Participant and PCFF hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the United States federal and state courts located in Houston, Texas, and agrees that any such court will be the proper forum for the determination of any dispute arising hereunder.
17. PCFF reserves the right to make changes to the Terms at any time without notice to each Participant, so please check back and review the Terms from time to time. In the event that any term or provision of the Terms shall be deemed invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, such term or provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining term or provision.